- Pinned Topic
- Topic is Locked
Last Updated on: August 23, 2023
This Code of Conduct applies to all Velixo community spaces, both online and off. Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of Velixo. This policy is a "living" document, and subject to refinement and expansion in the future.
Some Velixo community spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Zero Tolerance for Harassment
The Velixo community is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Velixo prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. We reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- “Reverse”-isms, including “reverse racism,” “reverse sexism,” and “cisphobia”.
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a “tone” you don’t find congenial.
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions.
Be Honest and Transparent
As a member of the Velixo Community, we ask that you do not participate anonymously or with a pseudonym. This is a community where we encourage our members to represent themselves authentically, because we seek to foster open, honest, and supportive discussions with a wide variety of Velixo customers, partners, and developers. We rely on our community members to notify us of behaviors that are inconsistent with this Code of Conduct.
No Confidential Information
Do not share confidential information. While we want the Velixo Community to be open and transparent, it is not an appropriate forum for sharing confidential information of your company.
Not a Marketing Channel
We encourage active participation from all segments of our population including partners, but please do not use the Velixo Community for blatant promotion of products or services (except in dedicated Partner forums, if applicable). Other community members may monitor the community in order to help keep it a trusted and useful environment, free of self-promotion and spam.
If you are being harassed by a member of the Velixo community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact us at [email protected]. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This Code of Conduct applies to Velixo community spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of the Velixo community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Velixo community members seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the Velixo community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of the Velixo community spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the Velixo community.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of the Velixo community members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, we may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Velixo community spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Velixo community members or the general public.