GI results as Table

Posted 10 months ago by Nathaniel Travis

N
Nathaniel Travis
Answered

1 Votes

I am working in a company with 2 tenants that we use a lot, two separate businesses, that for ME I look at closely together and consolidate.

I want to build a Prepaid reconciliation, I have done a GL to pull the data from each, and now I want to combine the results into a single table to pivot.  But I can't seem to achieve this, is there another route I should be taking here?

1 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 10 months ago Admin Best Answer

Great suggestion Harry! 

Nathaniel, to ensure you don't have the column headers from your GI twice in the resulting table, I would suggest that you set the IncludeHeader argument of the =GI() function to true on only one of the inquiries.

I attached a quick sample for you that uses two different tenants. Note that if you want to have the tenant name as part of results (for filtering/grouping in your pivot), my suggestion is to add a formula-column in your GI that returns a value, ex: ='Company1' in a new column called Tenant.

To make sure your pivot table does expand based on number of rows, you need to use this technique: Using Pivot Tables with your Velixo Generic Inquiry reports

2 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
A

Andres Hernandez posted 8 months ago

Try the function VStack in excel, the 1st array will be the GI for tenant 1 and then the second array will be the GI for tenant 2. After that you can create the pivot table.

0 Votes

Gabriel Michaud

Gabriel Michaud posted 10 months ago Admin Answer

Great suggestion Harry! 

Nathaniel, to ensure you don't have the column headers from your GI twice in the resulting table, I would suggest that you set the IncludeHeader argument of the =GI() function to true on only one of the inquiries.

I attached a quick sample for you that uses two different tenants. Note that if you want to have the tenant name as part of results (for filtering/grouping in your pivot), my suggestion is to add a formula-column in your GI that returns a value, ex: ='Company1' in a new column called Tenant.

To make sure your pivot table does expand based on number of rows, you need to use this technique: Using Pivot Tables with your Velixo Generic Inquiry reports

2 Votes

H

Harry Lewis posted 10 months ago Admin

Have you considered using the Velixo COLLATE function to combine the two result sets?

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment